AutoTagX v3.00 beta 3 was released today. It contains some fixes and enhancements, mainly improvement of single-file tagging.
Release notes:
- Made single-file tagging not crash and burn. Gnudb and Freedb are really really bad when it comes to single-file searching, so I don't even try anymore.
- A lot of stuff under the hood got changed.
- Worked a lot on registration keys, etc., which won't affect beta versions. Made sure that pre-v3 registration keys work OK with version 3.
- Moved the legend to a drawer.
- Fixed the option key in i386. Now if you hold down Option while dragging a file/folder on to the window, it will just clean up tags for you without searching the internet.
- Changed Source Codes to icons.
This beta is operative for until May 22. Please feel free to provide constructive feedback to this blog.
15 comments:
still have a problem -been having it for a number of years in fact- when I autotag a couple of folders at the same time, the program crashes. Any suggestions ?
Mark,
This is an awesome app, I've loved it since I first discovered it...I'm glad to see it get continued development. I've got a couple of albums that crash the app. Here are (I believe) the relevant thread dumps (one from each "bad" album):
Thread 6 Crashed:
0 com.apple.Foundation 0x9297c120 _NSRaiseError + 264
1 com.apple.Foundation 0x9297be5c +[NSException raise:format:] + 40
2 com.apple.Foundation 0x9293f050 -[NSCFArray objectAtIndex:] + 76
3 com.mmalson.autotagx 0x0005c234 +[AlbumDetails AlbumDetailsFromFiles:] + 2824 (EncapsulatedDicts.m:928)
4 com.mmalson.autotagx 0x0003fc08 -[FolderTagThread guessAlbumTagInfoFromFiles] + 80 (FolderTagThread.m:139)
5 com.mmalson.autotagx 0x0000c914 -[AutoTagDocument initThread:] + 372 (AutoTagDocument.m:577)
6 com.apple.Foundation 0x92961194 forkThreadForFunction + 108
7 libSystem.B.dylib 0x9002b508 _pthread_body + 96
Thread 6 Crashed:
0 com.apple.Foundation 0x9297c120 _NSRaiseError + 264
1 com.apple.Foundation 0x9297be5c +[NSException raise:format:] + 40
2 com.apple.Foundation 0x9293f050 -[NSCFArray objectAtIndex:] + 76
3 com.mmalson.autotagx 0x00055938 -[AudioTrackArray objectAtIndex:] + 76 (EncapsulatedDicts.m:533)
4 com.mmalson.autotagx 0x0005bdc8 +[AlbumDetails AlbumDetailsFromFiles:] + 1692 (EncapsulatedDicts.m:861)
5 com.mmalson.autotagx 0x0003fc08 -[FolderTagThread guessAlbumTagInfoFromFiles] + 80 (FolderTagThread.m:139)
6 com.mmalson.autotagx 0x0000c914 -[AutoTagDocument initThread:] + 372 (AutoTagDocument.m:577)
7 com.apple.Foundation 0x92961194 forkThreadForFunction + 108
8 libSystem.B.dylib 0x9002b508 _pthread_body + 96
Let me know if you need more info. Thanks again for writing this! (my email address is Jay Gee Ewe Eye See Eee At gmail.com)
Nice stuff Mark, I'll put it to the test and see if anything flips it out... I like the legend stuff - unclutters things.
Just to let you know I had to go back the beta 2 because beta 3 hangs when doing a specific search. It works fine when you drag a folder in but if you do a specific search it either hangs forever or crashes......
Hello Mark
I am finding this new beta far more unstable than the previous version. Not sure what is causing it yet. It seems to be after it has finished collecting the album art it just crashes. Only on one folder so far but it is every time. Another folder just hold ons the "fetching cover art..." dialog.I will send you a seperate email with the crash log.
Cheers
Scott
The new beta crashes quite frequently, I've tried it on two machines (G4/400 GE & iMac G5 non Intel). In 9 out of 10 cases AutoTagX said goodbye prior to showing the search results from the databases. Is it just me or is anybody else experiencing similar problems?
Mark, Beta v3.00b3 freezing with every search. Anyone else?
Great work on this version.
It's so nice to have this application back working, keep the good work!
However it crash sometimes. Here is the extract of the crash log :
Thread 6 Crashed:
0 <<00000000>> 0xfffeff20 objc_msgSend_rtp + 32
1 com.apple.Foundation 0x9293d968 NSPopAutoreleasePool + 536
2 com.mmalson.autotagx 0x0000cf28 -[AutoTagDocument initThread:] + 1928 (AutoTagDocument.m:628)
3 com.apple.Foundation 0x92961194 forkThreadForFunction + 108
4 libSystem.B.dylib 0x9002b508 _pthread_body + 96
Great work on this version.
It's so nice to have this application back working, keep the good work!
However it crash sometimes. Here is the extract of the crash log :
Thread 6 Crashed:
0 <<00000000>> 0xfffeff20 objc_msgSend_rtp + 32
1 com.apple.Foundation 0x9293d968 NSPopAutoreleasePool + 536
2 com.mmalson.autotagx 0x0000cf28 -[AutoTagDocument initThread:] + 1928 (AutoTagDocument.m:628)
3 com.apple.Foundation 0x92961194 forkThreadForFunction + 108
4 libSystem.B.dylib 0x9002b508 _pthread_body + 96
Hi Mark,
Ever since I installed the latest iTunes/Quicktime update from Apple I've been having a few troubles. Not sure if it's related, but now, every time I try to tag an album, it seems to search ok first time (not every time though) but if I refine the search criteria and hit search, it hangs at "Fetching album details...". I have been unable to get it to move past that point. I have repaired permissions using disk utility but I'm not sure what else to do. And to be honest, I'm wondering if this is happening to other people?
Cheers,
Ben
Hi again Mark,
I assume you're getting these as they never seem to appear.
Anyway, so I've been playing with it a bit more since yesterday and have a few more observations. It tends to work fine when you drop the album onto Autotagx. However, if you have an album with no tags, if you enter some base details and hit search, it then performs the search but hangs at the last step - the very last step. You can see the information retrieved sitting in the background, but you can access it as the full blue bar (dialog box) blocks your move. I unticked cover art to see if that made a difference, it hangs on retrieving album info whereas when ticked, it hangs on searching for cover art. Feel free to email me at sarcasm@hotmail.com if you want more details.
Regards,
Ben
I really enjoyed beta 2, but beta 3 crashes 9 out of 10 times during information gathering. Usually it crashes while retrieving/searching for Cover art.
If you are interested I can mail you a report, which might be helpful trying to debug.
sorry, crashes right after scanning files no matter if a folder or single files are dropped.
Beta 2 was working fine for me. Beta 3 crashes first time used after restart. Also, only works thereafter by avoiding search with option key. If it searches it permanently hangs.
All -
I'm aware of the crash/hang problems in Beta 3. I know what's causing it and I'm working on it. Thanks for all the feedback.
Post a Comment